The IDHP is the oldest accrediting body in Europe for coaching, facilitation and leadership programmes, and has been awarding humanistic psychology qualifications since 1978. We run unique and highly acclaimed courses for individuals and organisations, ranging from short courses to two-year postgraduate diplomas and beyond.
IDHP is undergoing a process of renewal
If you would like to be kept informed of our courses and events, please enter your name and email address in the box below and press subscribe.
News November 2013!
WELCOME to Humanistic Alchemy, the newest course to be validated as an IDHP course!
WELCOME to new member Amadis Cammell
The Institute for the Development of Human Potential (IDHP) is an organisation that seeks to promote and further humanistic ideas, practices and skills – putting human beings and human needs first.
Our Position Statement: To further and encourage the provision of holistic experiential learning and training grounded in the practice and principles of Humanistic Psychology
- We work with individuals – developing awareness, understanding and an acceptance of self and others in order to release human potential both personally and professionally.
- We work with groups – looking at systems and practices and enabling communities, organisations and businesses to develop holistic ways of working
Humanistic ways of working are central to empowering and transforming ourselves and the organisations and structures around us:
- Developing our full potential as human beings
- Developing an authentic leadership style
- Developing healthy, diverse and effective organisations
- Developing personal presence and personal power
- Dealing with change, challenge and difference
- Coaching and facilitating change
- Promoting connected and congruent ways of thinking and being
The humanistic way of working values people first, listens to individuals and connects the internal experience of thoughts and feelings with actions and relationships in the external world, in conscious awareness of the diversity of family, work, social and political structures that shape our lives.